Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mr Badger


I've spent the last couple of months knitting animals from classic English stories, especially Beatrix Potter and Kenneth Grahame's Wind in the Willows. It started out as therapy for anxiety and depression and as a way of stopping myself from escaping by spending hours playing Solitaire on the computer or reading to the exclusion of everything else, including my family. I've researched knitted toys and patterns on the internet (of course, I have to know what's what before I do anything) and finally just started knitting and designing as I go along, because there aren't patterns for what I want to do, or if they are they need a credit card, which I no longer have.

The last couple of weeks I have been working on my biggest project to date, Mr Badger from the Wind in the Willows. Having found a range of illustrations I then went ahead and started knitting, and here he is: complete with red weskit, knickerbockers and gaiters. Quite smart I think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jayne, Your're so clever- just seeing what you want to make and just knitting it! Very talented... and isn't he just adorable! Sandi

    ReplyDelete