Thursday, December 10, 2009

Childlike Wonder at the world





As my family knows I love fantasy and scifi books, in fact I'm an omnivorous reader and have been all my life. I also managed to believe in the tooth fairy until I was 10, Father Christmas until I was 14 and still believe in angels and that there are indeed 'more things on heaven and earth than we shall ever know' or whatever the correct phrase is. So here are a few quotes and pics for those who still have a childlike belief in the supernatural and have not become crusty cynics....

“Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
Henry David Thoreau

"Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows me to survive, and better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style."
Maya Angelou

"You have to leave room in life to dream."
Buffy Sainte-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment